6/9/08

ear to the streeeeetssss

im always on the grind for that new sound, that new flavor, that new swagger from an emcee who has just been doin him since day one. the shit that i listen for all depends on how the artist portrays himself. 

about two years ago my boy put me onto this nigga named Kaboom and his mixtape Thoughts of Mass Destruction. i watched a few videos of him freestyling and shit and homeboys got rhyme structure down, but most of all his punches are unique as fuck. i copped the album off an online store and its been bassin through miami's streets since.
^click to listen to mixtape^

Get You A Mil, track 3 on on the mixtape, has a line that goes, 
"Guns from Germany, my hoes European, Blowin dro till my eyes low like Koreans."
 ...the flow sounds effortless, too, like it doesn't take shit for this nigga to rip it.

Street Rules has a serious Biggie sample for the hook and the verses are filled with one liners:
"I load tec shells to make your whole chest swell, or I can give your eye 60 like the old Nextel"
He killed Juve's beat for Way I Be Leanin' and flips some raw lines on Know What It Is like,
"My niggas not sweet, my people'll spark/ 
and paint your face, turn people to art/ 
plus I keep a baby Maggie like Lisa and Bart/ 
FUCK ALL YA'LL! I mean that deep from the heart/"

Shiiit, the tapes full of it... so take a blast from the past, inhale and hold ya breath... KABOOM is gonna take you back to Philly in 2006 with this tape. order that shit online if you feel it... or if you can find it. most mixtape sites are out of stock.

No comments: